Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Boutique Find: Alice and Daisy


     I was in Charleston styling a photo shoot last week. Whenever I leave New York City, I always try to make time to scour a few choice vintage stores. Despite negative reviews from some of the other vintage and thrift lovers on the crew, my first destination was a vintage consignment shop called The Trunk Show. The rude staff and over-priced, lackluster designer selection left me unsatisfied.
     I tried my luck again and ventured to a vintage boutique at the end of an alley on Broad Street. Alice and Daisy is a small store that currently shares its space with a antique furniture shop. The brand is a collection of bright, beautifully edited women's clothing that are youthful, playful and quintessentially Charleston. The owner, Kate Stewart is as charming as her store and her passion for her work really showed through the clothing. The late summer picks she has displayed were exactly what I needed. I wanted literally every single item she had for sale. This place is an amazing little gem, and I can't wait to see what she has in store for fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment