Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Biker Babes at Phillip Lim

3.1 Phillip Lim always gets a shout out from me for its beautifully edgy leather pieces. This season he channeled the woman behind the biker, aka the biker's girlfriend, meaning my craving for leather has been fulfilled in the way of color-blocked leather skinny pants, chap-like thigh-high boots (with open toes!! Swoon!) and of course, bad-ass leather jackets. I am also overjoyed to see that sweatshirts are a trend that has transcended spring 2013 into oncoming seasons. The black leather sweatshirt, in particular, would be a very welcome addition to my cold weather uniform. Paired with the quilted skinny jogging pant and it is in the running (pun intended) to be my favorite outfit ever! That being said, there were definitely some pieces in this collection I did not care for, including the oversized suits and patched denim. Can't win 'em all though, eh, Lim?













No comments:

Post a Comment